Sunday, April 15, 2012

My first blog!

What I have learned about action research is that there are a lot of different ways that you can use action research. It can be used in all aspects of education.It can be used in classroom research, or it can be used in continuous improvement plans.There are so many different directions you can go with action research.You can sit down individually and look at yourself, or you can look at a group of different things and reflect upon them.I nave been a teacher and coach for sixteen years, and I use action research at the end of each sport season. It is a good way to look back on the season, and see what it is that worked well, and what we should change for next year. It gives you the opportunity to reflect on every aspect of what it is you do as an administrator. In my case when I am coaching this gives me a chance to go back and look at everything. Sometimes as coaches we look back to soon after a season ends and we rush to judgement. This is a wonderful tool to discover, and I look forward to implementing it in all aspects of my teaching. This is something that I feel would be extremely helpful to all people in the education field.

No comments:

Post a Comment